HOW TO BE IRISH … at least for a week
- 22. Mai 2016
- Posted by: Beer Theresia
- Category: Allgemein
Language trip to Dublin – 3. HLT & 3. HAK – 17-22 April
- Dye your hair ginger and try to catch a leprechaun
- Drink black tea with milk for breakfast and have some porridge, too
- Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes – you’ve got to love them
- See an Irish pub from the inside at least once
- Stand in front of the GPO and wonder how high the Spire might be
- Have a pint of Guinness … well, at least visit the Guinness Storehouse
- Play Hurling and Gaelic Football like a pro 😉
- Watch buskers in Grafton Street
- Don’t let red traffic lights stop you from crossing the street
- Go to a dog race and lose some money betting on dogs with fancy names
- See and eat seafood in Howth
- Make the best use of your English – in the host family, at school, when shopping, …
We had a really great time and let the pictures speak for themselves.
But since the Irish love rhymes, we made a little poem about our trip, too.
POEM about the DUBLIN TRIP
We went away from home
and said goodbye to our phone.
The 3rd HAK and HLT flew to Dublin
to look for at least one goblin.
There we said ‘hello’ to our host family,
and they gave us the WiFi code hastily.
So we were finally back on the phone,
we could use WhatsApp and didn’t feel alone.
One day we got on the hop on – hop off bus,
and it drove all around the city with us.
We later saw a lot of shops,
and in one of them there were many hops.
Which shop could that be?
Of course, the storehouse of the Guinness beer.
Some girls and boys also went shopping,
and the souvenirs they found were jaw-dropping.
Others were so enthusiastic after the dog race
that they took a dog in a stroller for a walk around the place.
Finally, we ate sea food in Howth
before we all flew back home South.
by Amanda, Doris and Emily